Jane Goodall’s Roots & Shoots (R&S) is a program that empowers young people and equips them with the tools, motivation and support they need to address the problems that matter to them most. We are looking to create an ever-expanding network of Australians who are inspired to take action as change-making global citizens. For more information on Roots & Shoots click here.
About the Role(s)
As a R&S State Coordinator and Assistant State Coordinators you will be working as part of a team with other passionate, volunteer, state-based R&S coordinators, the national coordinator, CEO and other staff and volunteers. You will be playing a pivotal part in the growth of this inspiring organisation.
You, and your team, will manage a range of tasks including promoting R&S across your state, supporting R&S groups and individuals, building and coordinating a team of volunteers, engaging and supporting youth leaders and forming partnerships with other organisations. You will also have the opportunity to provide input and assist in the development of our events, social media, campaigns and resources. To be successful you will be dedicated, organised and compassionate. You will have excellent interpersonal communication skills, experience working with youth and an alignment with the values of JGIA.
|To be successful in this role you must:
||In this role you will be required to:
- Be willing and able to commit 20 hours per month to the role
- Have experience working with youth or children
- Have exceptional communication skills
- Be comfortable preparing and delivering presentations
- Identify new members, activities and fundraising opportunities
- Bring your expertise to raise awareness for existing programs
- Computer literate
- Willing to assist in developing resources for R&S
- Respond to emails within 48 hours
- Have a current drivers license and reliable transport
- Have current Police and WWC clearance (or be willing to obtain)
- Manage all R&S activities within your State
- Promote R&S to individuals and groups (e.g. schools, universities)
- Identify and approach potential R&S members
- Regularly (4+ times/year) visit all active schools
- Form a team of capable and like-minded representatives
- Support and implement events including State R&S conference
- Establish and maintain relationships with partner organisations
- Stock and sell merchandise
- Attend a minimum of 75% of online meetings
How to apply for this amazing opportunitity
To apply: Please send a cover letter explaining how you meet the job requirements, why you would like to be a part of Roots&Shoots, and how you align with our core values to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line 'Roots & Shoots State Expression of Interest'.